HeartCode BLS uses a variety of eLearning assets such as dramatizations, eSimulations, animations, self-directed learning, and interactive activities to teach students BLS knowledge and skills.
After successfully completing the online portion, students attend a structured BLS Hands-On Session with an AHA Instructor. This session focuses on meaningful skills practice, debriefing, team scenarios, discussions of local protocols, and skills testing.
HeartCode BLS is for healthcare professionals seeking an alternative method for completing an initial or renewal BLS Course.
Instructions for HeartCode BLS:
- Go to OnLineAHA.org, www.onlineaha.org
- Under Courses, scroll down to HeartCode BLS
- The cost is $28.50 (funds go to the American Heart Association, NOT Nelson’s CPR).
- Upon completion, print certificate.
- Go to www.nelsoncpr.com to schedule Hands on Skills Session Part 2.
- Choose a date. Skills session cost is $30.00.
- Bring the HeartCode completion certificate (Mandatory) to the Skills session.
- Upon competition of Skills Session, a card will be issued.